- Having examined document LHE/21/16.COM/6,
- Recalling Decision COM 8.20 and Chapter I.12 of the Operational Directives,
- Takes note that Peru has requested the modification of name of ‘Eshuva, Harákmbut sung prayers of Peru’s Huachipaire people’, element inscribed in 2011 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Approves the modification proposed by Peru and decides to modify the name of the element to ‘Esuwa, Harakbut sung prayers of Peru’s Wachiperi people’ in English and ‘Esuwa, prières chantées en Harakbut des Wachiperi du Pérou’ in French;
- Commends Peru for addressing the wish of communities concerned by the element in recognition of the primary role that communities play in safeguarding their own living heritage;
- Requests that the Secretariat incorporate this modification into all its communications with respect to the element concerned.