- Having examined Document ITH/12/7.COM/7 and Document ITH/12/7.COM/9, as well as the proposals submitted by the respective States Parties,
- Recalling Chapter I of the Operational Directives and its Decision 6.COM 12,
- Commends the two States Parties that submitted proposals for possible selection for the Register of Best Safeguarding Practices;
- Invites States Parties to be more active in identifying and presenting best safeguarding practices for the Register and, when proposing programmes, projects and activities, to provide convincing evidence of their effectiveness in safeguarding intangible cultural heritage, including both quantitative and qualitative evaluations of their achievements;
- Recalls that when selecting such proposals it shall pay special attention to the needs of developing countries and encourages States Parties to propose programmes that can serve effectively as models of safeguarding in developing countries;
- Requests the Secretariat to assist it in encouraging research on and evaluation of the effectiveness of safeguarding measures included in the best safeguarding practices that it has selected and in promoting international cooperation in such research and evaluation;
- Invites the Secretariat to incorporate the programmes, projects and activities selected by the Committee during the elaboration of training materials for the global capacity-building strategy;
- Further invites the States Parties to incorporate the programmes, projects and activities selected by the Committee during the elaboration of training materials for their capacity-building strategies.