The Clearinghouse on living heritage and education is a UNESCO initiative to consolidate and share knowledge, examples and tools on intangible cultural heritage - or ‘living heritage’ - and education.
Anyone who is interested in this intersection between living heritage and education is invited to explore the rich content of this online platform and engage with us at UNESCO and with the contributing people. The examples are from communities, schools and education programmes in different countries from around the world and provide a glimpse of the richness and diversity of initiatives that exist to promote the transmission of intangible cultural heritage in formal and non-formal education. The practical and analytical tools can be useful for anyone who is contributing to the safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in education, at project or policy level - locally and globally.
The Clearinghouse is a part of the UNESCO programme on ‘Safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in formal and non-formal education’ that serves a multidisciplinary and multisectoral audience of stakeholders and includes input from the UNESCO Culture and Education Sectors, field offices and education institutes. The Clearinghouse is supported by the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund and it contribute to the UNESCO intersectoral initiative ‘Education and culture together in action to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).’
At present, the Clearinghouse has the following functions:
- Collecting information on relevant activities and sharing experiences and outputs.
- Consolidating information and consolidating knowledge by developing policy guidance materials, information pamphlets, and thematic papers and by organizing meetings and trainings.
- Disseminating and sharing information to help establish collective knowledge on lessons learned and good practices that can inform future initiatives both internal and external to UNESCO.
This online platform assumes the information dissemination function of the Clearinghouse. It will share:
- A selection of news related to intangible cultural heritage and education from UNESCO and our partners.
- Information on previous and upcoming relevant events.
- Previous and ongoing projects on integrating intangible cultural heritage in education (case studies).
- An online resource library, including teaching and curriculum resources, toolkits and practical guides, audiovisual materials, research papers, policy and strategy documents, advocacy materials, and more.
Do you have a related project, resource or other relevant information you would like to share? Please contact us at ICHfirstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions regarding the Clearinghouse, please contact the Living Heritage Entity at ICHemail@example.com
The content of the projects and documents referenced in this platform do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNESCO, including designations employed concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.