8.COM 4.BUR - meeting of 3 December 2013
During the eighth session of the Committee, its Bureau met each morning before the plenary (excepting 2 December). On Tuesday 3 December, the Bureau discussed the spending plan proposed by the Secretariat for the use of the funds allocated by the General Assembly for ‘other functions of the Committee’, under the Plan for the use of the resources of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund, for the period from 1 January to 30 June 2014 (Resolution 4.GA 7).
- Utilization of the funds allocated for ‘other functions of the Committee’ under the Plan for the use of the resources of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund from 1 January to 30 June 2014
ITH/13/8.COM 4.BUR/1: English|French
8.COM 3.BUR - meeting of 28 October 2013
The Bureau of the Intergovernmental Committee met on Monday 28 October 2013 at UNESCO Headquarters (Room VIII, Fontenoy building) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Secretariat presented the agenda of the eighth session of the Intergovernmental Committee (Baku, Azerbaijan, from 2 to 7 December 2013) and submitted for approval the session’s timetable as well as several international assistance requests.
- Adoption of the agenda of the third meeting of the 8.COM Bureau
ITH/13/8.COM 3.BUR/2: English|French
- Adoption of the timetable of the eighth session of the Committee
ITH/13/8.COM 3.BUR/3: English|French
- Examination of an emergency request for international assistance
See the request
ITH/13/8.COM 3.BUR/4: English|French
- Examination of an international assistance request
See the request
ITH/13/8.COM 3.BUR/5: English|French
- Examination of requests for preparatory assistance for elaborating nominations to the Urgent Safeguarding List
See the two requests
ITH/13/8.COM 3.BUR/6: English|French
8.COM 2.BUR - electronic consultation (July 2013)
The Bureau is asked to decide upon the utilization of the funds allocated by the General Assembly to ‘other functions of the Committee’ as described in Article 7 of the Convention and the Operational Directives, in particular to promote the objectives of the Convention and encourage and monitor its implementation through strengthening institutional and community capacities for effectively safeguarding intangible cultural heritage, raise awareness of such heritage and its significance, and disseminate information about best safeguarding practices. Since the Bureau previously approved expenditures under this category, the present decision mainly concerns the remaining balance of US$129,898 as well as some adjustments to reflect the real costs of activities already implemented.
- Utilization of the funds allocated for ‘other functions of the Committee’ under the Plan for the use of the resources of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Fund
ITH/13/8.COM 2.BUR/1: English|French
8.COM 1.BUR - electronic consultation (April 2013)
The Bureau is asked to examine an international assistance request greater than US$25,000 that the Committee decided (6.COM 10: English|French) not to approve at its 6th session in Bali in November 2011 and to delegate its subsequent approval to the Bureau. In order to facilitate the examination, Bureau members may refer to the eligibility and selection criteria of international assistance requests (English|French) and use the examination report template (English|French). The template includes, for each criterion, the decision taken by the Committee in November 2011.