- Notes that the Government of Honduras requests preparatory assistance in the amount of US$10,000 for elaborating a nomination file for the Urgent Safeguarding List entitled ‘Myths, stories and language of the Tolupan people, Montaña de la Flor, Honduras’ and that the Instituto Hondureño de Antropología e Historia will be responsible for preparing the nomination file in collaboration with the Federation of Xicaques Tribes (FETRIXI);
- Takes further note that the requested funds will be used primarily to hire an anthropologist who will complete research and fieldwork within the concerned remote areas and to organize consultation meetings with community leaders and members, including the participation of FETRIXI representatives;
- Considers that the requested amount and the proposed timetable adequately reflect the activities planned to elaborate the nomination file;
- Notes that the requesting State shares the costs of the proposed activities and that the Instituto Hondureño de Antropología e Historia is not in default of any previous contract with UNESCO;
- Decides to approve preparatory assistance in the amount of US$10,000;
- Requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the requesting party on the technical details of the preparatory assistance, including a revised timetable.