As part of the implementation of the funding priority under the 2003 Convention ‘Strengthening capacities to safeguard intangible cultural heritage and contribute to sustainable development’, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Target 11.4; 5.5 and 17.9), as well as the African Union Agenda 2063, in the Gambia, the project proposes to train all relevant stakeholders on how to better safeguard intangible cultural heritage through the effective implementation of the 2003 Convention and its various mechanisms, reflect on policy issues related to living heritage, and undertake a pilot community-based inventory exercise. In Ghana, the capacity-building project will equip community members with the needed skills to undertake community-based inventorying thereby ensuring the safeguarding of their intangible cultural heritage. In this process, the project will also aim to create a network of experts to serve as a technical team on community-based inventorying in order to increase awareness and active participation of communities in safeguarding their living heritage.
News and activities:
- 2022-11-23 – Inception Workshop for the project 'Strengthening capacities to safeguard intangible cultural heritage and contribute to sustainable development'
- 2022-10-17 – Intangible Cultural Heritage Community-Based Inventorying: Training and Activities
- 2022-09-07 – Gambia capacity-building project advances to strengthen links between living heritage and sustainable development
- 2022-07-20 – Capacity-building for safeguarding living heritage and sustainable development in Ghana
- 2022-04-13 – The Gambia reaffirms its commitment to safeguard its living heritage
01/11/2021 - 01/12/2023 – Support of the development and implementation of capacity building activities for safeguarding intangible cultural heritage in conflict-related situations, including situations of forced displacement01/01/2022 - 01/12/2023 – Practical handbook on periodic reporting with a self-learning tool on the Overall results framework for the implementation of the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage