- Presupuesto del proyecto:
- 343.886 US$
- Norway Funds-in-Trust
- Fechas de implementación:
- 01/01/2005 - 01/01/2009
Países beneficiarios: Etiopía
The project is composed of the following four activities.
- Identification, Documentation and Inventory making - An important goal of this project is to collect through fieldwork, and to document traditional music and dance expressions in different parts of Ethiopia.
- Archiving - the recordings collected in the field and the documentation that goes with them will need to be archived to make them available to researchers and to the public at large.
- Training and enhancing capacities - this is to contribute to the training of Ethiopian students and to the further empowerment of Ethiopian experts and specialized institutions. University-level courses on ethnomusicology, which, for examples, will heavily rely on references to Ethiopian traditional music and dance expressions, will be given at the Institute of Ethiopian Studies and at the Yared Music School (University of Addis Ababa).
- Promotion - The project aims to raise general awareness in the country, particularly amongst decision makers, about the existence, the beauty and value of the traditional music and dance expressions.
01/11/2005 - 01/01/2009 – Acción plan para la salvaguardia del Canto de Sanaa01/03/2004 - 01/12/2008 – Preservación, revitalización y promoción de la Plaza Jemaa el-Fna, Marrakech