- Budget du projet :
- 65 000 US$
- Source :
- Fonds en dépôt de Chypre
- Dates de mise en œuvre :
- 01/10/2010 - 01/06/2011
The project aim was to organize a five-day pilot training workshop, providing practical and technical skills in preparation of nomination files. The workshop targeted five participants from each of the two main beneficiary countries (Namibia and Lesotho) and one from each of the additional countries: Swaziland, Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe with the training course materials were developed by the facilitator from South Africa, Dr. Harriet Deacon
The project achieved satisfactory results, including:
- The efficiency of the designed training module was tested during the workshop;
- The training workshop on preparing nomination files was a success;
- Participants gained increased knowledge of the Convention and understood better the importance of involving communities in the process of preparing nomination files;
- Practical participatory session provided by the facilitator helped the participants to understand the actual work involved in filling out the nomination files, thus led to Lesotho to submit a nomination file for an element entitled ‘Letsema’.
- The training evaluation by participants was done at the end of the workshop;
- Awareness about the concept and importance of the Intangible Cultural Heritage as well as the 2003 Convention raised in the respective countries.
08/02/2010 - 30/06/2011 – La réalisation des mesures de sauvegarde proposées du Sanké-Mon, le rite de pêche collective dans le Sanké01/09/2008 - 01/05/2011 – Ateliers sous-régionaux de renforcement des capacités en Amérique centrale et en Amérique du Sud sur la sauvegarde du patrimoine culturel immatériel