- Budget du projet :
- 343 886 US$
- Source :
- Fonds en dépôt de la Norvège
- Dates de mise en œuvre :
- 01/01/2005 - 01/01/2009
Pays bénéficiaire(s) : Éthiopie
The project is composed of the following four activities.
- Identification, Documentation and Inventory making - An important goal of this project is to collect through fieldwork, and to document traditional music and dance expressions in different parts of Ethiopia.
- Archiving - the recordings collected in the field and the documentation that goes with them will need to be archived to make them available to researchers and to the public at large.
- Training and enhancing capacities - this is to contribute to the training of Ethiopian students and to the further empowerment of Ethiopian experts and specialized institutions. University-level courses on ethnomusicology, which, for examples, will heavily rely on references to Ethiopian traditional music and dance expressions, will be given at the Institute of Ethiopian Studies and at the Yared Music School (University of Addis Ababa).
- Promotion - The project aims to raise general awareness in the country, particularly amongst decision makers, about the existence, the beauty and value of the traditional music and dance expressions.
01/11/2005 - 01/01/2009 – Plan d’action pour la sauvegarde du Chant de Sana’a01/03/2004 - 01/12/2008 – Préservation, revitalisation et promotion de la Place Jemaa el-Fna, Marrakech