- Budget du projet :
- 40 000 US$
- Source :
- Fonds en dépôt du Japon
- Dates de mise en œuvre :
- 01/04/2008 - 01/03/2009
Before the civil war Somalia enjoyed a vibrant cultural life, in which traditional performing arts played a major role. Aware of the role that cultural practices may play in fostering social cohesion and in reconciliation processes in future post-conflict Somalia, the project aims to
- identify traditional performing arts practices of Somali people with a view to safeguarding this heritage,
- highlight the role that cultural practices can play in reconciliation process for the post conflict Somalia, and
- contribute to the rehabilitation of Somali culture.
Core activities of the project include:
- the identification of traditional performing arts of Somali communities in the North Eastern Province in Kenya;
- the preparation of a draft inventory of those traditions; and
- the acquisition of extant audiovisual materials related to traditional performing arts of Somali people.
01/04/2008 - 01/03/2009 – Sauvegarde des Chants de la Lune, musique traditionnelle swahili de Tanzanie (Unguja et Pemba) et des Comores01/11/2005 - 01/01/2009 – Plan d’action pour la sauvegarde du Chant de Sana’a